THE ASHEBORO, NC PLANT IS THE NEWEST AND MOST MODERN FACILITY IN MALT-O-MEAL WITH STATE OF THE ART EQUIPMENT, FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY PROCEDURES. THE PLANT IS ADDING MANUFACTURING LINES, THE BUILDING IS BEING EXPANDED AND THE WORKFORCE IS GROWING. JOIN AN EXCITING, FAST PACED AND REWARDING ENVIRONMENT.
Works in concert with operations management to mobilize and direct maintenance resources in driving production equipment performance to meet plant safety, productivity, and quality plans.
- Support, implement, and maintain food safety practices as required through SQF.
- Responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
- Manage and coordinate maintenance teams to perform mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment troubleshooting, repair, and planned maintenance in compliance with company safety, food safety, and personnel policies.
- Coordinate closely with operations management to maintain an up-to-date understanding of needs and priorities.
- Drive equipment reliability improvement efforts for the plant in collaboration with business unit managers and engineers and peers within maintenance.
- Oversee the execution of all scheduled preventive maintenance and assigned work orders in a timely manner.
- Ensure effective resolution of problems through timely failure analysis, identification of root cause of failures, and implementation of corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Leverage maintenance resources to proactively identify opportunities and carry out projects to improve safety, productivity, cost, and quality. Manage own projects and provide direction to contractors and vendors as required.
- Manage all personnel aspects of teams. Hire, coach, set goals, conduct performance reviews, and handle disciplinary issues. Encourage and facilitate the development of maintenance team members.
- Manage employee expectations and accountability. Support other maintenance teams in problem solving and decision making. Track and measure team performance.
- Utilize computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) to manage work.
- Perform any other function as directed to meet company and business needs.
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Willingness to work nights, holidays, and weekends as needed should business conditions require it.
- 2 year (4 year preferred) degree or minimum 5 years experience in plant and production equipment maintenance, including mechanical, electrical and electronic systems. Experience in a food processing environment preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in a supervisory or team leadership capacity.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to supervise maintenance employees in a team environment, provide work direction/guidance and follow-up to ensure results. Skills include hiring, discharging, conducting performance reviews, training, providing work direction and monitoring and managing results.
- Strong communication and coaching skills. Ability to work closely with peers and internal customers to share responsibility and solve problems.
- Knowledge of production machinery operation and maintenance and the ability to troubleshoot effectively.
- Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics.