- The Open Items Specialist is expected to be able to work with multiple clients and to be knowledgeable on each client's specific business requirements.
Example of Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical tasks and assignments include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor detailed timelines for Open Items.
- Maintain current knowledge of the Client's and Mortgage tax requirements
- Organize and prioritize to ensure timely completion of daily assigned tasks
- Keep accurate daily counts of assignments to provide proper tracking and control of work received
- Process Exception Reports to ensure all assigned loans have accurate coverage.
- Process loans from exception queues.
- Service all loans within assignment to ensure they are in good standing.
- Call tax jurisdictions, field agents and customers to confirm accurate tax and escrow information.
- Ensure taxes are paid in full prior to the due date.
- Research payment errors, carrier verification, and tax related details as required.
- Maintain performance standard for quality and productivity required for this position.
- Provide training, support and mentoring as required to new associates.
- Be watchful of system failures or unique situations and report on such cases to management.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Assist in the development of processing or procedures
- Perform other miscellaneous tasks, as assigned by Team Lead, Supervisor or Manager
- Share accountability with team for delivering service and quality to clients.
- MSP (Fidelity/LPS) and FIRST Property Tax systems experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge skills preferred
- General mortgage servicing knowledge preferred
- Ability to demonstrate empathy on customer phone calls
- Must work independently in high volume / risk environment and maintain quality results
- Ability to sit for long hours and maintain a high concentration level
- Ability to adjust work assignments based on individual objectives
- Ability to prioritize effectively to successfully complete multiple tasks within assigned deadlines
- Must be able to utilize research and analytical skills to achieve individual results
- Must be able to receive constructive feedback
- Ability to profit from continuing education
- Ability to demonstrate excellent English language verbal and written skills
- 4 year degree or equivalent in experience preferred
- 1-2 year Mortgage tax experience preferred
At QBE FIRST, our employees are our greatest asset.
Like any company or individual, QBE FIRST wants to protect its assets. That's why we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefit program to our employees. Our benefits include Medical, Dental, company paid vision (employee coverage), STD, LTD and 2x's salary life insurance. We also offer: Casual Dress, Discount Banking/Credit Union, Service Awards, Team & Individual Recognition Bonuses and Work/Life Balance.
QBE FIRST is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of QBE FIRST that all employees and applicants for employment will be treated in all respects on the basis of their merit and qualifications and without regard to their race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, gender, military status, marital status or ancestry.
Morrisville, NC, US.