Healing the healthcare system starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Provider Technologies - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
McKesson Provider Technologies delivers comprehensive solutions with the power to change the way healthcare is provided. Our capabilities extend beyond healthcare IT software to include automation and robotics, business process re-engineering, analytics and other services that connect healthcare providers, physicians, payors and patients across all care settings. Over 50 percent of U.S. hospitals use our solutions on a daily basis. We're also a leader in solutions that manage complex financial information and optimize resources and supply chain management. Ultimately, we're helping the system run smoother so that healthcare works for all of us.
We are currently looking for an Enterprise Project Manager to join the Paragon team. This role guides and directs the development and implementation and program activities for enterprise wide solutions in the Paragon organization. Executes against the overall strategy provided by McKesson Executives. Coordinates activities across multiple business units for services related to software installations. Establishes and maintains customer relationship at the executive level to ensure alignment of program with customer's business goals. Develops and maintains the program from a financial, project management and administrative perspective. Ensures that business needs of the customer and McKesson are balanced.
- Coordinate/oversee the efforts of the project teams
o Provide high-level direction
o Manage integration points or the integration of project teams and deliverables
o Delineate responsibility for key shared areas of expertise
o Resolve conflict over policy or objectives
o Hold (bi-) weekly all project meeting with project managers to discuss program progress, issues, risks, etc.
- Support/assist with resource scheduling and staffing
-Provide program management reporting & control
o Track overall program progress towards milestones
o Track budget vs. actual hours, revenue, expenses and margin for the overall program
o Research/approve project scope changes (manages to charter)
o Manage and track program-level issues/risks
o Maintained program issues list/risks
o Produce monthly program status reports
o Prepare and deliver program communications; prepare program presentations
- Work in conjunction with the Business Units to support the program and the customer (exec team included).
- Coordinate the needs of the project sponsors and Business Units
- Serve as liaison between customer organization and McKesson for the project/program
o Serve as a single point of McKesson contact for the customer for active projects/programs
o Facilitate the interaction between the customer project manager and team, and McKesson project managers and team
o Deal with important groups of stakeholders, subcontractors, customers, and customer organizations as assigned
- Produce deliverable templates to standardize deliverables across the teams
- Manage the adherence to methodology and quality of deliverables and assured program standards are met
- Accountable for maintaining quality of the overall project/program to include: deliverables, meetings structure, project management tools (issues lists, risk identification, status reports, customer communications, etc)
- Coordinate/facilitate McKesson workspace and equipment needs at the customer site
- Directs the development and implementation of overall strategies and implementation of enterprise-wide practice solutions based on the customer's business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment
- Develops and maintain positive customer relationships throughout appropriate levels of the organization
- Prepares and delivers Executive Account Reviews
- Complies with Business Unit administrative procedures
- Identifies customer needs and opportunities and engages Solution Team resources to meet those needs
- Collaborates with the customer and internal McKesson resources and leads the development of the statement of work to ensure that the proposed services align with business objectives.
- Identifies and helps drive new business opportunities
- Understands and supports proposal process and manages issues accordingly
- Reviews and approves completed proposals for technical integrity prior to presentation to the customer.
- Leads the transition from sales activity to program delivery
- Works with service delivery teams to properly slot customer-specific timelines
- Identifies and secures key resources
- Keeps Customer Success at centre of all actions and monitors and measures outcomes towards this goal
- Assumes the `single point of contact for all program related Services actively engaged in implementation at customer site.
- Uses project management tools and methodologies to manage projects and monitor and report the status.
- Manages the scope of the project, including the issues, risks, human resources and financial impact
- Maintains a high level understanding of the financial portions of the contracted program. This includes familiarity with the service contracting spreadsheet, and the effect that program delays may have on billing and revenue recognition.
- Manages contract closure to include closure of WBS elements, resolution of open issues, and contract amendments, if applicable.
Responsible for all aspects of the development/implementation of a systems project or program involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a computer-based system from the design process through a finished state for internal/external customers. Provides a single point of contact for projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services. Defines project scope and objectives. Oversees/coordinates all aspects of project and serves as project manager between clients, systems, line management and other departments. Plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets. Monitors the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customer on technical and non-technical matters. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, budgets, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks, and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. May provide technical/analytical guidance to project team. Recommends/takes action to direct the analysis of and solution to problems.
10+ years experience in designing, building, and implementing business solutions which may include using information technology. Significant experience in project management, requirements definition and/ or deployment of business requirements to information systems.
- Experience with McKesson products a plus.
- If candidate has McKesson experience it must include experience with enterprise customers managing all products across the McKesson enterprise.
- Must have HIS installation experience with financials & clinicals.
- Must have healthcare software vendor experience. (hospital)
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
PMP Certification preferred.
General Office Demands
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Provider Technologies, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at mckesson.com/careers.
No agencies please.